February 25, 2010

Thick model brows & Neil

As with any other professional runway show, the models appearing in the Central Saint Martins graduate catwalk have to show up at the venue several hours in advance to get done up. Having to sit still for hours at a time while people play with your hair and face is part of the reason why modeling can be really tiring (others include jet lag, constant waiting around and the overall expectation that you show up and shut up). But the whole experience is so much better when you can have a good conversation with someone in the process, like I did with Neil, the Mac make-up guru (on the left):

Here, he is examining the model's eyebrows to make sure they have the desired Brooke Shields pretty boy effect. When doing my makeup, Neil told me that I must exfoliate and put on moisturizer before and after I wash my face. Picking up little tricks from professional beauty experts is definitely one of the great little bonuses of being a model.

No comments:

Post a Comment